The Dalhousie Student Chapter of the ACA (Association of Canadian Archivists) will be holding their elections on Friday September 19th at 12:00pm in the SIM Meeting Room (down the hall from the SIM Common Room).
The position that is available is First Year Co-Chair. The responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Act as the liaisons between the Chapter and the ACA.
- Preside over all Chapter meetings and creates an agenda, delivered to the Executive Committee prior to the meeting.
- Oversees the activities of the Chapter and ensures goals and objectives are carried out.
- Provides the Executive Committee with a brief of activities once per semester to be compiled into the Annual Report
- Preparing and submitting the Annual Report to the ACA Board by May 15th of each year in collaboration with the Treasurer
- Has signing authority, in conjunction with the Treasurer, over the cheques of the Chapter.
If you are interested in the position please come prepared with a short statement of why you would like to be considered for the position. If you cannot make the meeting but would still like to be considered for the position please email Alyssa Dawson (firstname.lastname@example.org) your statement of interest by 11:00am Friday September 19th.