Information Without Borders (IWB) Conference Committee
The Information Without Borders Conference is a student-led initiative by the School of Information Management at Dalhousie University. Each year, IWB provides a forum for interdisciplinary discussion on a central topic affecting all professions represented at Dalhousie’s Faculty of Management.
Every year, IWB features experts from across Canada on a chosen topic. In addition, IWB’s student speaker series and poster session provides an opportunity for current graduate students to share their research with the wider community.
This year’s conference, entitled “Information Management for Climate Change Adaptation,” will examine how data is used and managed in climate research. Additionally, the conference will explore how information on climate change is disseminated, controlled, and publicized. Information management plays a significant role in perceptions and understanding of climate research both publicly and privately. The IWB conference provides an excellent forum for interdisciplinary and cross-organization discussion on this timely and pressing topic.
Registration for IWB is open to all, and we welcome any who are interested to attend! For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently, the Information Without Borders Committee for 2015 is:
- Hilary Lynd & Jennie Thompson (Co-chairs)
- Heather Reid (Out-going Programming Chair)
- Allie Jardim (Out-going Logistics Chair)
- Heather Campbell (Out-going Swag & Fundraising Chair)
- Caitlyn Carson (Out-going Web & Communications Chair)
- Marvellous Unuadjefe (Out-going Registration Chair)
- Allison Manley (Finance Chair)
- In-coming Programming Chair
- In-coming Logistics Chair
- In-coming Swag & Fundraising Chair
- In-coming Web & Communications Chair
- In-coming Registration Chair
You can find out more about the 2014 Conference at http://iwbconference.informationmanagement.dal.ca/.
The 2014 Conference focused on issues of Privacy, Security and Surveillance. You can view the Twitter conversation using the hashtag #iwb2014.